Edwin van der Sar has refuted that he is close to returning to Manchester United.
The 51-year-old is the current CEO of Ajax, a position he took back in 2016.
After achieving great success with Ajax, he was touted to return to Old Trafford to take an executive position.
However, he has dismissed those links as he still has unfinished business with the Dutch club.
“I have a good relationship with the board and I had a fantastic six years in Manchester, but I’m not finished here yet.”
Edwin van der Sar in Man United’s hierarchy could be a game-changer
Van der Sar spent six successful years at the Theatre of Dreams before announcing his retirement in 2011.
He has played a key role in Ajax’s success in the last few years, helping them build two dominating teams.
United have signed several players from the Eredivisie club under his watch.
The most recent additions were Lisandro Martinez and Antony.
Van der Sar has long been linked with a move to United in an executive role since Ed Woodward left his position as executive vice-chairman at the end of last year.
The Red Devils are in the middle of restructuring their hierarchy after appointing John Murtough as their first football director.
Darren Fletcher was also handed the new role of technical director.
Having Van der Sar at the helm would give United someone who has the experience of building a winning culture at a club.
However, he remains adamant that he still has work to do at Ajax which is not great news for the United faithful.
- Manchester United want Torino right-back Raoul Bellanova to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the summer
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini