Erik ten Hag will take charge of his first domestic cup match as Manchester United face Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup for the second time in quick succession.
The Red Devils will be seeking revenge on Thursday at Old Trafford after their humiliating 3-1 loss at Villa Park last weekend.
The Dutch manager could make some changes for the Carabao Cup clash to give more game time for fringe players and youngsters.
Diogo Dalot is available for selection, despite being ruled out for the weekend’s fixture at Fulham. Bruno Fernandes can also be involved in the home encounter after serving his suspension.
Raphael Varane is still out through a leg injury while Antony and Jadon Sancho are also doubts for the home fixture.
Anthony Martial featured off the bench last Sunday and Aaron Wan-Bissaka has returned to training.
Ten Hag will likely provide an update on these players in his next press conference, as per manutd.com.
United need a reaction
United gave an underwhelming performance in their previous Premier League clash, with almost all players failing to shine.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Marcus Rashford and Donny van de Beek were especially poor as they all failed to make any kind of meaningful impact in the game.
The defence wasn’t any better, with David de Gea, Dalot, Victor Lindelof and Luke Shaw all enduring an off day.
Fans will be expecting a reaction from the Red Devils on Thursday following their disappointing loss in the away fixture.
- Man Utd have excellent chance to sign West Ham star Declan Rice next summer
- Why Man Utd star should replace Spurs defender in Argentina starting XI
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ready for return after re-watching his 168 games in charge of Man Utd
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner