Donny van de Beek is set to leave Manchester United this summer, reports the Sun.
The Netherlands international midfielder has failed to prove to manager Erik Ten Hag that he has a future at the club.
The Red Devils are keen on signing Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount, which would see Van de Beek further drop down the pecking order.
The 26-year-old has been out of action since picking up a knee injury against Bournemouth in January.
Van de Beek has since undergone surgery and is currently undergoing rehabilitation.
The former Ajax star returned to Carrington last week for training but could have played his last game for Man United.
He joined the Red Devils in 2020 but has played just 60 times since then.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp dubbed Van de Beek ‘a really good player’ last August.
However, he has failed to live up to expectations for the third season running, without a goal or assist to his name in ten appearances this term.
“Van de Beek’s career at United has been on a knife-edge for a long time,” a Man United source told the Sun.
“Some at the club thought it could be rescued by the arrival of Ten Hag, who got the best out of him at Ajax.
“But it hasn’t worked out that way. Donny just hasn’t settled so he will move in the summer, most likely to Europe where he will look to rebuild and then go again.”
The Dutchman still has two years left on the five-year deal he signed when joining the Red Devils.
There is an option to extend the deal for a further year, but the club will be keen to cash in on him this summer.
However, whether they will make any profit on him remains to be seen given his struggles.
Van de Beek will not be short of suitors despite seeing his value nosedive, and it will be surprising to see him remain at Old Trafford beyond the summer transfer window.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’