Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek would welcome a permanent move to Everton during the summer transfer window, according to the Mirror.
The Netherlands international was loaned out to the Toffees last month, having experienced a difficult 18 months with United where he struggled for regular first-team football.
Van de Beek featured off the bench on his Toffees debut but played the entire 90 minutes of the 3-0 win over Leeds United, where he impressed from the defensive midfield position.
It is now reported that the £120,000-per-week star sees his long-term future with the Merseyside outfit and will push to join them permanently if they avoid relegation this season.
The midfielder is keen on ending his time with the Red Devils. The club signed him for £35 million in 2020. It is reported that they could cut their losses with a £20m sale this summer.
United’s handling of Van de Beek has been a big mystery. He was signed amid much fanfare in September 2020, only to spend most of his debut campaign on the bench.
He was the subject of a loan approach from the Toffees last summer, but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer convinced him to stay with the assurance of playing time going forward.
However, the 24-year-old barely played under the Norwegian until his sacking in November. His situation did not improve under interim boss Ralf Rangnick before his loan exit.
Van de Beek is a gifted midfielder with impressive creativity but has not fitted into the plans of two managers. He may not want a repeat of the situation next season.
The next head coach may have plans for him, but a permanent exit could be a genuine possibility with a World Cup spot on the line later this year.
Van de Beek was recently dropped by Dutch boss Louis van Gaal citing his lack of minutes, but he could be recalled during the next international break in March.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Manchester United news: Nemanja Matic fires back at Roy Keane and defends Harry Maguire
- Manchester United stars shine as Portugal stun Czech Republic 4-0 in the Nations League
- Manchester United star will miss Ukraine clash after picking up second booking in Scotland’s Nations League win
- Manchester United star defends his place in England team after Nations League defeat to Italy
- Ronald Koeman believes Manchester United need to give Ten Hag time to guide them to success
- Manchester United football director makes youth player promise
- Eriksen shines but will he stay fit through Man United’s busy October?
- Gakpo has been on a great run of form – have Man United missed out?
- Christian Eriksen named Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September
- Sir Alex Ferguson wanted to sign Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale before retiring, claims Patrice Evra