Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek could be on his way out this summer after being an unused substitute against Arsenal last night.
The Dutchman recently made his first appearance since his recovery from a knee injury against Lyon. He made an instant impact, scoring the winner with a lovely volley in the 49th minute.
Following the game, the Netherlands international acknowledged that he could leave United this summer, and that could soon become a reality, judging by his absence on the pitch yesterday.
The midfielder has been training for the past few weeks with the first-team squad, but he did not play a single minute against the Gunners at the MetLife Stadium and stayed on the bench.
Bruno Fernandes, Mason Mount and Kobbie Mainoo were manager Erik ten Hag’s preferred midfield trio to start, and were replaced with Christian Eriksen, Scott McTominay and Casemiro at the break.
There was no place for Van de Beek over 90 minutes, and this should raise questions over his United future, considering the club are looking to secure additional funds from player sales.
With probably another midfielder coming in after Mason Mount, there is a good possibility that the Van de Beek could leave alongside Fred, who has already been put up for sale by United.
The £35 million signing should attract transfer bids from potential suitors, having completely recovered from his injury setback during the backend of the 2022/23 campaign.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions