Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw has been linked with a move away from the club for over a year now.
The 22-year-old was thought to be out-of-favour with Jose Mourinho and only made 11 Premier League appearances (8 starts) in an injury-plagued campaign this past season.
Ashley Young made the left-back role his own, prompting rumours we would be signing a new player in this position over the summer. And we duly did with the acquisition of 19-year-old Portuguese under-21 international Diogo Dalot from FC Porto.
We had also been strongly linked with a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Danny Rose, who himself saw limited action this past season due to injuries, and falling out with the club.
However, the Mirror reported last week that the boss has ditched any interest in the England international following his latest signing. And with Matteo Darmian seemingly Juventus-bound, we’ll have the same number of options at full-back as we did this past season.
Is this good news for Luke Shaw and his future at Manchester United? Well, the former-Southampton man may have been pushed further down the pecking order now following Jose’s praise of Diogo Dalot. However, with Ashley Young turning 33 over the summer, then Shaw surely still has a future at Old Trafford.
The England international wasn’t moved on in January and reports of a transfer this summer are mostly quiet. It appears that Luke Shaw may be wearing the red of Manchester United for the upcoming season after all.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations