Yesterday’s major point of debate was on right backs; at least that was the idea. There was a point raised in the comments that rang true to me when I read it, so I decided to put it up for debate.
United were indebted to the lung busting runs of Patrice Evra — who has become one of the best left backs in the world — last season. We were also lucky in a way that Evra didn’t pick up any serious injury. John O’Shea is an adequate cover, whilst Silvestre may leave the club before the start of the season. This leaves our left back spot rather thin. While O’Shea does the job when called upon, he may not give us the consistency nor the ability to overlap on the left flank. Relying on one specialist and a non-specialist for one position all season may not be a risk worth taking. So isn’t the left flank a bigger priority to plug than the right.
Or should we say, isn’t it of greater importance to buy a young decent left back to give Evra a breather, than buying a big money right back?
Meanwhile, don’t forget to sign up for the RR Euro 2008 fantasy league. No prizes for winning — at least not yet — just pride. Head over to UEFA.com -> go to the fantasy league section -> create an account -> create your team -> click on leagues -> search for this group code 98380-18218 and join the group.
I won’t do the customary round up for today because it will involve people I don’t want to talk about for now. Other than that we are in direct competition with Arsenal for Aaron Ramsey, with personal terms needing to be worked out; according to reports, we are also the favourites. Updates, if any, would certainly pop up in the comments section. So watch that space.
And that’ll be all for now. Take it away…
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities
- PSV Eindhoven interested in signing Man Utd forward Anthony Elanga
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Reading, Garnacho and Pellistri start
- “I’m not Harry Potter” – Erik ten Hag outlines real reasons for Marcus Rashford’s resurgence
- Anthony Elanga and Facundo Pellistri to stay at Manchester United
- Denzel Dumfries’ agent pushing Man Utd to finalise summer transfer
- How Man Utd could sign Everton wonderkid this summer
- Man Utd can sign RB Leipzig star Dani Olmo for €70m this summer
- Manchester United vs Reading: FA Cup preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Erik ten Hag confirms fresh Man Utd concern ahead of Reading clash