Manchester United full-backs Diogo Dalot and Aaron Wan-Bissaka produced impressive displays during the club’s 3-1 Premier League defeat at Arsenal on Sunday.
The Red Devils opened the scoring in the 27th minute through Marcus Rashford yesterday, but the lead lasted for under a minute before Martin Odegaard equalised.
Alejandro Garnacho looked to have scored United’s winner before stoppage time, but it was unluckily ruled out for a marginal offside by VAR. The fans were far from pleased.
Declan Rice eventually grabbed the lead for the Gunners in the 96th minute of the game after a slightly deflected shot before Gabriel Jesus made it 3-1 in their favour.
Rashford stood out against the Gunners with his attacking display, but the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Antony and Anthony Martial struggled to make a similar impact.
Rasmus Hojlund and Alejandro Garnacho definitely fared better coming off the bench and hopefully, we will see more of the duo playing in the starting line-up.
Meanwhile, United had a tough outing defensively, but credit must go to Dalot and Wan-Bissaka, who were brilliant in negating the threat of Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli.
Dalot played in a makeshift left-back position, but looked at home against Saka. He won four duels and made eight clearances. The Portuguese deserves plenty of praise.
United have signed a new left-back in Sergio Reguilon on loan, but Dalot is expected to continue in the role when the Red Devils face Brighton after the international break.
Meanwhile, Wan-Bissaka was brilliant in curbing the threat of Martinelli. He won eight duels and made nine clearances alongside five tackles. He was superb with his concentration.
Martinelli got the better of him for the equaliser, but Christian Eriksen was the one to blame in our opinion after he failed to track the run of Martin Odegaard into the box.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player