Manchester United favourite Dimitar Berbatov believes Jadon Sancho won’t think twice to join the Red Devils, should he be offered the chance during the next transfer window.
Sancho has been in a fine run of form for Borussia Dortmund this term and he has already registered 17 goals and 19 assists for the German side across all competitions.
The teenager has been regularly linked with a Premier League move over the past year and of late, it has been suggested that United are the front-runners to land his signature ahead of next season.
Amidst this, Berbatov has said that the 20-year-old may find it hard to turn down a move to Old Trafford and he would prove a ‘great addition’ to a young-looking squad under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, he told Betfair:
“This week there’s been a lot of talk about Jadon Sancho moving to Manchester United, in his case, because he’s English and Man United are in for you, I don’t think he will think twice about moving there. For me, if they get him he is going to be a great addition but I’m curious to see how they would line up.”
“United have: Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Daniel James, Mason Greenwood and possibly Sancho next season, even though you want that competition for young players it could be tricky to see them all playing at the same time.”
Dortmund are understood to value Sancho at around £120m and United are seemingly prepared to meet the valuation ahead of Premier League rivals Liverpool and Chelsea.
Still, United can’t be complacent in the player’s pursuit, considering a club like Chelsea are capable of offering Sancho a similar project with plenty of quality young players in the squad.
Therefore, the hierarchy should engage in transfer talks at the earliest possibility such that the attacker is convinced to join the club when the transfer window reopens.
Apart from Chelsea, Liverpool are the other Premier League side, who have been credited with an interest but the lack of guaranteed playing time from the starting XI, probably puts them out of the race.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd