Manchester United have announced the signing of Denmark international striker Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta today.
The 20-year-old was presented to the supporters at Old Trafford before their 3-1 win over Lens in a friendly game, and he will be keen to start justifying the initial £64 million spent to recruit his services.
Hojlund has the potential to make an immediate impact at Man United, and the club’s captain Bruno Fernandes sent a message to the Dane on Instagram after he posted about the move.
Former Red Devils hitman Dimitar Berbatov has also sent his best wishes to the former Sturm Graz star.
Hojlund saw his new teammates come from behind to secure victory today, but tougher tests lie ahead and Man United need him to hit the ground running.
They face Athletic Bilbao tomorrow before kicking off the new Premier League season against Wolverhampton Wanderers on August 14.
It remains to be seen whether Hojlund will make his debut against the Midlands outfit, but he could be ready when they travel to take on Tottenham Hotspur five days later.
The Denmark international needs to prove his detractors wrong, as many people have already doubted what he is capable of doing despite him never kicking a ball in the Premier League.
While he has not been prolific in front of goal at club level, Hojlund is the current joint-highest goalscorer in the 2024 European Championship qualifiers with six goals.
He should not find it hard to score regularly in Man United’s attacking system.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action