There are expected to be developments on the potential sale of Manchester United after the team returns from their pre-season tour next week, according to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol.
Some form of clarification is expected in the coming days after no update emerged in recent weeks over the takeover.
Man United remain for sale, but the Glazers want £6 billion for the club, and neither Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani or Jim Ratcliffe has met their demands.
The club have been put on the market since last November, and while talks have been ongoing between the bidders and representatives of the club, nothing concrete has happened eight months later.
The takeover is unexpected to happen this window as things have been at a standstill for a while, but Man United manager Erik ten Hag has managed to bolster his ranks this summer.
England international midfielder Mason Mount has joined from Chelsea, while Cameroonian goalkeeper Andre Onana has been snapped up from Inter Milan.
Ten Hag also wants a striker and their recent 2-0 loss to Real Madrid underlined their need for a centre forward if they are to challenge for major trophies next term.
Atalanta hitman Rasmus Hojlund remains their top target, but the Serie A club want top dollar for their Denmark international, and Man United need to meet their demands to have a chance of getting their man.
The Red Devils will start another campaign with the Glazers in charge, and fans will hope it is their last as new owners are needed if the club are to move to the next level.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns