The representative of Denzel Dumfries is in constant contact with Manchester United over a summer move for the Inter Milan star, Calciomercato report.
Dumfries has been heavily linked with the Red Devils since the beginning of the season and it has been claimed that manager Erik ten Hag is a big admirer of him.
It is now reported that the player’s agent Rafaela Pimenta is on a mission to find a club that would be willing to meet Inter’s asking price of €50 million plus add-ons.
United are one of the clubs that Pimenta is in regular contact with. Chelsea and Bayern Munich are also mentioned as possible candidates to land Dumfries in the summer.
Man Utd have their sights on Dumfries
Dumfries has been constantly linked with a move to Old Trafford. In our opinion, he could be an ideal signing with his expressive and attacking playing style.
The Netherlands star would have no trouble adapting to the physical demands of the Premier League and would suit the manager with his eagerness to get forward.
The Dutchman has been playing at right wing-back for club and country for the best part of 19 months, but prior to that, he was a traditional right-sided defender.
Hence, the positional change should not hamper him. Defensively, he has also been efficient despite playing higher up the field. He has won 3.4 duels per game.
If United were to bring in Dumfries in the summer, Aaron Wan-Bissaka is probably the player that will make way despite his mini resurgence since the World Cup.
The 25-year-old has found renewed form and confidence amid Diogo Dalot’s injury woes, but Dumfries would be a clear upgrade on him in the offensive department.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and SofaScore.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups