Denmark manager Kasper Hjulmand has dropped a huge hint that Rasmus Hojlund could make his Manchester United debut against Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday.
The 20-year-old joined the Red Devils from Atalanta earlier this month, but he has yet to make an appearance of the club, having picked up a back problem in pre-season.
United head coach Erik ten Hag hinted last week that Hojlund could be available for the trip to north London, and Hjulmand anticipates him to be ready for the Gunners clash.
He told Bold.dk: “I’ve been in Manchester to watch Rasmus train and he’s in full gear, so he’ll probably be in the squad for the weekend. There is of course a caveat, and he must show that he is ready this week.”
In a separate interview with TV2 Sport, the Danish manager revealed that he has been in Manchester and has some clear agreements over the playing time for the young striker.
He explained: “I have been in Manchester and have some clear agreements with the club. He should preferably get some minutes so that we can see that he’s there.”
“He lacks game time, that’s clear, but he’s going to play a role, so we’ll have to see what he can do.”
Hojlund’s return would be a huge boost for United
United started the campaign with Marcus Rashford up front, but he was ineffective against Wolverhampton Wanderers as well as Tottenham Hotspur.
Anthony Martial got the nod to lead the line against Nottingham Forest, but the Frenchman was likewise disappointing and was substituted after the hour mark.
Hojlund is anticipated to make the squad for Sunday, but we believe either Rashford or Jadon Sancho could play up front. The Dane could make his debut off the bench.
The youngster valued at £39 million by Transfermarkt has immense potential. He has been terrific for Denmark in the Euro 2024 qualifiers with six goals from just four appearances.
He has not yet to find the same consistency at club level, but should only improve under Ten Hag’s tutelage. He could have a key role to play at the weekend.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns