There are only five days remaining before the summer transfer window closes, and Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag will be desperate for one more signing before Friday.
The Man United boss has made some big signings this summer – Andre Onana, Mason Mount and Rasmus Hojlund. He’s also brought in Jonny Evans on a free transfer.
However, the Dutchman clearly needs one more addition if his United side are to challenge for the Premier League title – a top-class defensive midfielder.
It’s so obvious to see that Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat is the man for the job at Old Trafford. He has the skillset that makes him ideally suited to how Ten Hag sets up his side.
The door is absolutely wide open for the United boss to bring the 27-year-old to the club this summer.
Manchester United must get deal for Sofyan Amrabat over the line
According to Italian journalist Enzo Bucchioni, who was speaking to Labaro Viola, Napoli definitely won’t be signing Amrabat this summer because they cannot afford him.
He claims that Fiorentina want €30 million (£25.7m) for the midfielder. So what are United waiting for?
Amrabat is a special player and would transform Ten Hag’s side overnight – certainly from a defensive perspective.
He is a tenacious tackler and has the energy and stamina needed to get around the pitch for the entire 90 minutes every single week.
The Morocco international provides a solid shield for his back four and has the recovery pace needed to cover any counter attacks.
He is incredibly mobile and athletic and would be the perfect complement to Casemiro and Bruno Fernandes in United’s midfield.
Amrabat would provide more protection for the Brazilian star. The 31-year-old has looked rather exposed over the past few games.
For just £25.7 million, Man United should not think twice about signing Amrabat this summer. He is the exact player that Ten Hag needs.
And there won’t be much better value out on the market than the Moroccan for just under £26m. This week will be a defining one for Man United.
If they sign the Fiorentina midfielder they’ll have every chance of challenging for the league title but if not, it might just be another long and painful campaign.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling