Manchester United arrived in Thailand on Saturday to kickstart their pre-season tour in Asia and Australia.
Erik ten Hag’s men had a training session at the Rajamangala Stadium on Monday in the build-up to their blockbuster pre-season friendly against Liverpool.
The Red Devils have been training at the STB Academy since landing in Thailand at the weekend to prepare themselves for the upcoming clash against Jurgen Klopp’s side.
Man United held an open training session at the Rajamangala Stadium, the venue that will play host to their opening pre-season friendly, ahead of Tuesday’s showdown.
According to the Manchester Evening News, Raphael Varane, who has travelled with the rest of the squad to Asia, failed to show up at the field on Monday.
The French centre-back was part of the morning session with the rest of the group but then missed on-field action when the squad went through their work at the ground.
Varane was not the only notable absentee, as captain Harry Maguire trained separately from the rest of the team due to injury.
During a press conference ahead of tomorrow’s match against Liverpool, ten Hag confirmed the English defender as Man United’s captain for the new season.
However, Maguire won’t be a part of the Red Devils’ side to encounter Klopp’s men, as he continues to train individually with a fitness coach.
In addition to the ex-Leicester City man, Varane is likely to miss out on tomorrow’s game for an undisclosed reason.
A minor injury forced the 29-year-old to exit the France squad early during summer’s UEFA Nations League campaign, which could be a potential justification for his absence.
But whether it is an injury or another explanation, ten Hag will be left with Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly and Axel Tuanzebe as the only central defenders available for the Liverpool clash.
- Opinion: Glazers’ £17 million Adrien Rabiot transfer disaster-class highlights everything wrong at Manchester United
- Manchester United offered a chance to sign Alvaro Morata
- Manchester United pull out of Marko Arnautovic deal
- Man Utd register interest in Cody Gakpo, player keen on transfer
- Wes Brown impressed by Lisandro Martínez’s Manchester United debut
- Rio Ferdinand urges Man Utd to re-sign Danny Welbeck as back-up striker
- Manchester United now have great chance to sign ‘incredible’ Dan-Axel Zagadou for absolutely nothing
- Man Utd can sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for £50m this summer
- Manchester United handed another transfer blow as Benjamin Sesko’s future is decided
- Man Utd identify Guido Rodriguez as alternative to Adrien Rabiot