Inter Milan are waiting for an official bid from Manchester United for goalkeeper Andre Onana today, according to reputed journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.
The Red Devils recently agreed a fee with Chelsea for midfielder Mason Mount, and they could now step up their interest in signing Onana from the Nerazzurri.
Personal terms have already been agreed with the player, and Di Marzio claims that Inter are awaiting United to present an offer for the 27-year-old star.
The San Siro giants want at least €50 million plus add-ons for Onana. It is a ‘decisive day’ as Inter could be looking to balance their books for the financial year.
United must finalise deal for Onana today
The Nerazzurri are aiming to register profits before the financial year ends tonight. They have already agreed the sale of Marcelo Brozovic to Al-Nassr for €23m.
The Serie A outfit are now willing to sell Onana for €50m. In our view, United must finalise a deal by today such that Inter don’t change their stance on the player.
Onana would be a big upgrade for the Red Devils in goal. The Cameroonian is superb with the ball at his feet, and also likes to intercept crosses into the box.
He has also impressed with his mobility, and can operate as a sweeper-keeper when required. We saw a glimpse of those traits in the Champions League final.
United have a free run at signing him at the moment with Chelsea no longer in the race. The Blues have decided to pursue a back-up goalkeeper this summer.
Onana could seamlessly adapt to the Premier League, having worked under manager Erik ten Hag for four-and-a-half seasons at Ajax. He should be familiar with the playing style.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action