Manchester United reportedly could still sign Napoli centre-forward Victor Osimhen before transfer deadline day.
That’s according to Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport who claim that Osimhen could arrive at Old Trafford in exchange for Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 37-year-old superstar clearly faces an extremely uncertain future at the club, with Erik ten Hag having left him on the bench for United’s last two games – both of which they have won.
If Ronaldo does up leaving the Red Devils, Ten Hag needs to bring in another forward. And there is one in particular who keeps getting linked with a move to Manchester.
Victor Osimhen could still move to Manchester United
Gianluca Di Marzio claimed last week that Ten Hag is keen to bring the Nigerian to Old Trafford before the transfer window closes.
However, the player’s agent then insisted that Osimhen will not be leaving Naples this summer. It appears as though there is still a chance that he could move to United before Thursday’s deadline though.
Gazzetta dello Sport reckon that a swap deal involving Osimhen and Ronaldo is still very much a possibility with just a few days remaining before the transfer window closes. We think that the Napoli forward would be a truly stunning addition for United.
Described as an ‘explosive’ striker by The Sun and ‘deadly’ by Yahoo Sports, Osimhen is one of the very best around. Last season, the 23-year-old bagged 18 goals and six assists in 33 games for Napoli.
Osimhen possesses all of the attributes needed to succeed in the Premier League. He’s strong, incredibly quick and is 6ft 1in tall. The 22-capped Nigeria international also has many years ahead of him in the game. Napoli value Osimhen at around £80 million (The Mirror).
United obviously wouldn’t have to pay anything like that if Ronaldo heads in the opposite direction to Naples this summer. Quite how much Napoli would demand in addition is unclear.
Osimhen would be the absolutely ideal signing for United. Along with the likes of Casemiro, Antony and Lisandro Martinez, he should be able to take Ten Hag’s side to a whole new level entirely.
Read also: Manchester United reportedly priced out of a move to sign 80-cap international.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Victor Lindelof key to unlocking Denzel Dumfries’ switch to Manchester United
- Man Utd in pole position to sign wantaway Barcelona whizz-kid Ansu Fati
- Dean Henderson rejected Erik ten Hag’s proposal to return to Man United in January
- David de Gea turns down latest Manchester United contract
- Pep Guardiola’s comments on Harry Kane should serve as a warning to Man United
- Man Utd face competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid for Goncalo Ramos
- Man Utd star Scott McTominay scores stunning brace in Scotland’s 2-0 win vs Spain
- Manchester United’s Top-10 Highest Earners
- Manchester United may miss out on Champions League football if Sir Jim Ratcliffe does not sell French club Nice
- Man Utd ready to move for Harry Kane who is Erik ten Hag’s main priority this summer