Having purchased no one to strengthen the squad so far this summer, Manchester United look likely to do all their business in the final few hours of the window.
Marouanne Fellaini, Leighton Baines, Ander Herrera, Juan Mata, Mesut Ozil and even Yohan Cabaye are all rumoured to be possible targets for David Moyes whose long term future could hinge on the outcome of today.
United fans far and wide are divided on the issue of the club purchasing players or choosing not to. Some believe the transfer talk and questionable bids for ulikely targets is merely a smokescreen for a club more interested in making money via new new sponsors than it is in plugging the gaping holes in its midfield.
Other fans on the other hand are confident the club will finally add depth to a squad already full of title winners no matter how late circumstances have led it to be.
One fairly big rumour doing the rounds is that Chelsea have decided not to deal with United thanks to their refusal to sell them Wayne Rooney. United have made serious contact about the price and availability of Juan Mata but were told that, unless they do business with them, we won’t do business with you.
Graham Hunter, Spanish journalist, has reported that Real Madrid’s Mesut Ozil is happy to stay at the club but if a last minute offer arrives to better his personal terms at Madrid he could welcome a move. Hunter suggested United, rather than Arsenal, were the most likely suitors and preffered destination for Ozil.
What do you think will happen today? Leave your predictions and get involved throughout the day as we countdown to 11pm.
My prediction: IN: Fellaini, Herrera, Mata and one forward completely from left-field.
(I can hope can’t I?!)
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer
- Erik ten Hag heaps special praise on Bruno Fernandes after FA Cup quarter-final win
- David de Gea delivers outstanding performance in FA Cup quarter-final vs Fulham
- Blow for Manchester United as Harry Maguire is ruled out of the FA Cup semi-final
- Marcel Sabitzer believes Manchester United were not handed the FA Cup quarter-final victory on a plate
- Manchester United to play Brighton & Hove Albion in the FA Cup semi-final
- Manchester United 3-1 Fulham: Three talking points as the Red Devils progress to the FA Cup semi-finals after remarkable second-half drama
- Facundo Pellistri reflects on first Manchester United start
- Erik ten Hag doesn’t need Ousmane Dembele despite report