The United keeper kept two clean sheets in three games in January, remaining unbeaten at home against Crystal Palace and Hull and conceding just one against Arsenal, as United clinched their first away win of the season. At the Emirates, De Gea was outstanding as United withstood an early onslaught from Arsenal, with the Spaniard pulling off a couple of superb saves to keep the Gunners at bay.
To clinch the award, which is endorsed by the players and supported by the clubs, De Gea saw off competition from Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard, Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero and Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, with Southampton right-back Nathaniel Clyne and Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko also on the shortlist.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December