Manchester United co-owner Avram Glazer has held talks with potential investors from Saudi Arabia and Qatar during his trip to Doha, The Athletic’s David Ornstein reports.
Earlier last month, the Glazer family confirmed that they are exploring strategic alternatives for the Red Devils which includes partial investment as well as a possible sale.
United have since appointed The Raine Group to find potential buyers for the club and it appears the process is already on the way with Avram in talks with investors.
Raine anticipate a full sale of the club between £6bn to £7bn by the end of March.
United’s sale could happen before the end of season
Avram recently said that his family are going through the ‘process‘ and are not considering a sale for now. He added that he is only present in Qatar to watch the World Cup.
However, in our opinion, the 62-year-old is in the Gulf nation for different matters. Avram has watched just one game at Old Trafford since 2019. We are surprised over his sudden football interest.
The main reason for the visit could be future investment into the club. United fans will be hoping that there is an individual/consortium prepared to meet the Glazers’ sale demands next year.
The club need huge investment into the squad as well as the stadium and training facilities. There should be a willingness to spend without any hesitation – something the Glazers have hardly done.
Raine did a tremendous job in picking out the right buyer for Chelsea in Clearlake Capital this year and hopefully, they will find the ideal owner(s) for the Red Devils over the coming months.
- Kim Min-jae set for Napoli farewell, Man Utd will trigger his release clause
- Erik ten Hag says Antony is ‘unlikely’ to be available for FA Cup final vs Man City
- Man Utd in front row to sign Rasmus Hojlund, contacts have intensified with Atalanta
- Man Utd ‘at the head’ of the race to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd could offer Harry Maguire in player-plus-cash deal to sign Mason Mount
- Man Utd could offer Scott McTominay as a makeweight to sign Declan Rice
- Man Utd could make surprise move for Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario
- Kim Min-jae has his window wide open on Man Utd, will cost €58m
- Manuel Ugarte excited by Manchester United interest amid Chelsea and PSG links
- Victor Osimhen’s agent has received calls from Man Utd but Napoli firm on price tag