Negotiations between Manchester United and Nottingham Forest over Dean Henderson have been complicated following the departure of David De Gea, reports the Telegraph.
The Spaniard announced his departure from the Old Trafford club on Saturday after his contract expired.
Man United are closing in on a deal for Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana as manager Erik ten Hag has found his ideal man in goal.
However, it appears they have a contingency plan in place if a move for the Cameroonian falls through.
Talks remain ongoing between the Red Devils and Forest over Henderson, but he is ready to end his 12-year association with the club this summer.
The 26-year-old spent last season on loan at the City Ground club, keeping six clean sheets in 18 Premier League games before picking up a thigh injury in January.
He is currently undergoing his rehabilitation at Man United’s training base as he nears full fitness, and he will not be joining the squad as they fly out to Norway for today’s friendly against Leeds United.
Henderson’s time at the club is expected to come to an end, but his exit depends on whether they successfully land Onana.
While the Inter star is tailor-made for Ten Hag’s playing pattern, Henderson is also comfortable with the ball at his feet and would not struggle to deliver the goods.
He is guaranteed the starting berth at Forest and it is clear to see why he is pushing for an exit, but nothing is guaranteed just yet, and Man United are in no rush to sanction a sale.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions