Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea could face Real Betis in tomorrow’s friendly after returning to training alongside his teammates.
The 32-year-old was part of the travelling squad to Spain this week but was not involved in the 4-2 friendly defeat to Cadiz on Wednesday.
This led to fears over a possible injury but the Spaniard was back in training in yesterday’s session. He was spotted sharing a joke with Martin Dubravka.
Dubravka played the full 90 minutes against Cadiz in midweek, but his performance was far from convincing as he conceded four goals in the process.
The Newcastle United loanee made his United debut in the Carabao Cup third round, but there is no guarantee that he will keep his place against Burnley.
United return to competitive action on December 21 with a fourth round tie against the Clarets and De Gea could get the nod over the Slovakian ace.
Meanwhile, United are scheduled to face Betis at the Estadio Benito Villamarín in tomorrow’s friendly and Erik ten Hag will expect a much better display.
The Dutchman slammed his players for sleeping in the early part of the Cadiz friendly and hopefully, we will see better intensity from the off tomorrow.
None of the eliminated World Cup stars will be involved and there are a number of players, who are potentially fighting for their United careers.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Donny van de Beek are among notable names that need a strong performance against Betis amid talk of leaving the club.
Wan-Bissaka is particularly under huge pressure. United are considering the prospect of signing Bayer Leverkusen right-back Jeremie Frimpong.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest