Sergio Reguilon has taken to Instagram to announce he has joined Manchester United after completing his loan move from Tottenham Hotspur on Friday.
The Red Devils signed the Spain international left-back as a short-term cover following injuries to Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia.
While the deal is a straight season-long loan until June 2024 with no fee or option to buy, there is a break clause in January which could see Man United send him back to Spurs.
The club will also cover his wages and Reguilon has plans to convince manager Erik ten Hag with his performances and potentially earn a permanent move.
The 26-year-old says he is pleased to be at Man United, and his international teammate and former Red Devils goalkeeper David de Gea took to the comments section to send some messages.
The Spanish goalie left Old Trafford after the end of his contract earlier this summer and is still searching for a new club.
De Gea is still a Man United fan despite the manner in which his departure was handled, and he is delighted to see his compatriot move to the club.
Reguilon is in line to make his debut against Arsenal on Sunday after signing before the mid-day deadline.
Ten Hag confirmed that the left-back had already trained with his new teammates, and Diogo Dalot could make way for him in the starting XI if the manager feels he can offer something more.
Reguilon is the only primary left-back available for selection at Man United right now after Alvaro Fernandez sealed a loan move to Granada CF last night.
He needs to prove his worth after falling out of favour at Tottenham and spending last term on loan at Atletico Madrid, and he has the qualities and talents to do so.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd