Manchester United duo David de Gea and Diogo Dalot reacted on Twitter following the club’s transfer agreement to sign Antony from Ajax.
The Brazil international had been the main attacking target for manager Erik ten Hag and the club eventually landed his signature in a deal worth €100 million.
United fans will be excited to watch Antony on the field and the same goes for the players. In response to the Twitter announcement, both De Gea and Dalot welcomed him.
Here are their tweets:
Antony and Dalot could form a superb partnership
Dalot has made good progress under the guidance of Ten Hag. The Portuguese has been ever-present, and delivered a peach of a cross for Bruno Fernandes’ winner at Southampton.
The right-back has had either Jadon Sancho or Marcus Rashford playing in front of him but Antony could make the position his own, considering he has been a specialist right winger in his career.
The Brazilian has superb pace alongside impressive dribbling skills. He is also good with his finishing as well as key passes in the final third. Dalot will be aiming to get more crosses into the box.
The 23-year-old showed that he can produce a quality delivery from the right flank at the weekend. The onus is now on finding the consistency to cement his place as the undisputed right-back.
Meanwhile, De Gea may not directly benefit from Antony’s arrival, but will certainly be hoping that Dalot and Antony can work in tandem defensively and nullify the opponent’s attacking play.
Antony does not shy away from defensive duties, and he averaged an impressive one tackle per game during the course of the 2021/22 Eredivisie campaign. He won nearly five duels per outing.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and SofaScore.com
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV