Former Manchester United star David Beckham could return to Old Trafford if Sheikh Jassim’s takeover of the Premier League powerhouse goes through.
According to talkSPORT, Sheikh Jassim is ready to bring the former England international back to Manchester and trust him with a similar role he adopted during the 2022 World Cup.
Beckham started his career at Man Utd before leaving his homeland to join Real Madrid in 2003, but he has retained a strong connection with the Red Devils over the years.
The 48-year-old is no stranger to ceremonial roles. Since hanging up his boots in 2013, he has entered the realm of entrepreneurship, most notably acquiring the ownership of Major League Soccer franchise Inter Miami.
Only last year, he earned an eye-watering £125 million for taking an ambassadorial post around the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, which qualifies him for a similar role at Man Utd.
Familiar with the job, Beckham has emerged as one of the Red Devils icons Sheikh Jassim considers for administrative positions at the Theatre of Dreams if he beats Sir Jim Ratcliffe in an ongoing bidding war.
However, a lengthy takeover saga has already taken more time than expected despite the Glazers announcing their desire to sell the club almost a year ago.
Since then, the notorious Man United owners have had several changes of heart, most recently hinting at the prospect of keeping hold of the three-time European champions last month.
The speculation led to the club’s valuation on the New York Stock Exchange plummeting by more than £500m, which caused further unrest among the Old Trafford faithful.
Fans would love to see Beckham return to his boyhood club, but that depends entirely on the Glazers, who have kept their cards close to their chest.
Man United paid a hefty price for their owners’ indecisiveness during the summer transfer window, which has inevitably led to the club’s worst Premier League start in almost four decades.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action