Crystal Palace are considering the prospect of re-signing Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka on loan this summer, The Athletic reports.
The right-back joined the Red Devils from Palace for £49.5 million in 2019, and has since made 126 appearances across all competitions.
Wan-Bissaka had been almost ever-present for the club in recent seasons, but the same has not been the case during the ongoing campaign.
Under interim boss Ralf Rangnick, he has struggled to nail down a regular starting role. Diogo Dalot has been preferred ahead of him at right-back.
It is now reported that Palace are considering a loan move for Wan-Bissaka, though United have yet to make any decision over his future.
New manager Erik ten Hag is expected to evaluate the current squad on his arrival. He will have the final say on Wan-Bissaka’s position.
Wan-Bissaka has had plenty of stand-out performances for the Red Devils. The 24-year-old is regarded as one of the best tacklers in the English top-flight.
However, he has not been able to provide anything in an attacking point of view. While he is capable of making forward runs, his crossing and link-up play has been pretty average.
This has seen Dalot establish himself as the first-choice right-back over the past few months. The Portuguese is better going forward, but has been prone to defensive mistakes.
Both players have yet to make any goal contributions this campaign. It won’t be a surprise if Ten Hag eyes a new right-back, who is effective on both ends of the field.
If Wan-Bissaka were to leave, United will likely prefer a permanent transfer. The board may seek to recoup funds from unwanted stars to aid their summer spending spree.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United news: Nemanja Matic fires back at Roy Keane and defends Harry Maguire
- Manchester United stars shine as Portugal stun Czech Republic 4-0 in the Nations League
- Manchester United star will miss Ukraine clash after picking up second booking in Scotland’s Nations League win
- Manchester United star defends his place in England team after Nations League defeat to Italy
- Ronald Koeman believes Manchester United need to give Ten Hag time to guide them to success
- Manchester United football director makes youth player promise
- Eriksen shines but will he stay fit through Man United’s busy October?
- Gakpo has been on a great run of form – have Man United missed out?
- Christian Eriksen named Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September
- Sir Alex Ferguson wanted to sign Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale before retiring, claims Patrice Evra