Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has been linked with a move to Real Madrid for the past couple of seasons.
The Spanish superstar was on the verge of heading back to the Spanish capital on summer transfer deadline day in 2015 but for a faulty fax machine in Madrid.
Since then Jose Mourinho has been appointed at Old Trafford and we’ve refused to let the 27-year-old go.
However, de Gea is now in the final 16 months of his contract at Manchester United, and according to Yahoo!, is still waiting on an offer of a new deal from us.
Since signing his latest contract in September 2015, de Gea is now earning significantly less than the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Paul Pogba, despite winning the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award for three of the past four seasons.
Yahoo! sources claim that representatives of David de Gea has been pushing for a new deal since last year but we’ve yet to put anything forward.
Should de Gea not sign a new deal before the start of next season then we may be forced to sell the star player this summer instead of losing him on a free transfer the following year.
Real Madrid are keen to sign a new goalkeeper this summer, so if de Gea has not signed a new deal by then we can expect offers from the world football giants at the end of this season. Zinedine Zidane’s side are also being linked with Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois and Athletic Bilbao’s Kepa Arrizabalaga. Should they purchase one of those it could work in our favour in that they would likely drop their interest in de Gea.
It goes without saying that Jose wouldn’t want to lose David de Gea whilst he is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world and that we don’t have a ready made replacement for the Spanish number one.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player