Manchester United are currently on tour in the United States, which kicked off with a 1-1 draw against Mexican side Club America in front of 37,660 at the University of Phoenix Stadium.
The tour will go on throughout July with games against the San Jose Earthquakes, AC Milan and Liverpool before finishing with Real Madrid at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on 31 July.
This morning’s game saw Lee Grant play between the sticks and Juan Mata scoring a late equaliser for us. Several names are currently missing on tour due to their commitments at the World Cup earlier this month.
One of those is big summer signing Fred. The Brazilian international joined in a £52.7 million deal from Shakhtar Donetsk earlier this month whilst over in Russia.
The 25-year-old was granted extended leave until August due to Brazil reaching the quarter-finals of the World Cup, but it has now been confirmed that it will be cut short as Fred is keen to join up with his new teammates for the pre-season tour.
It has been confirmed that the new arrival will be in the United States as part of the Manchester United squad as early as next week.
Fred will join #mufc tour next week.
— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) July 18, 2018
Given that he didn’t enter the field in Russia and will need time to integrate in the squad this seems a sensible decision from the Brazilian to join up with the rest of the team as soon as possible.
Manchester United can see Fred put on the shirt for the first time if he makes an appearance during our American tour, with football live streaming sites like 101 Great Goals.
Hopefully this means Fred will be ready to start our 2018-19 Premier League opener against Leicester City at Old Trafford on Friday 10 August, as the likes of Paul Pogba and Marouane Fellaini are unlikely to do so due to their participation in the final weekend of the 2018 World Cup last weekend.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player