Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain, Sky Sports News have confirmed.
The 25-year-old is believed to have signed in a bargain £25 million deal, agreeing to a five-and-a-half-year contract in North London.
Lucas Moura joins @SpursOfficial for £25m. Contract till 2023.
— Jim White (@JimWhite) January 31, 2018
Manchester United had been linked with the Brazilian when both Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho have been in charge. In fact, he was linked with us earlier this month prior to the signing of Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal.
Lucas joined the runaway Ligue 1 leaders in January 2013 and has been one of the top wingers in European football ever since.
However, the Brazilian has been limited to only 72 minutes across five substitute appearances in the league this season following the arrivals of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe over the summer. He did not make a single appearance in the Champions League group stage this season either meaning he can play for new club Spurs from the second round this campaign.
Tottenham have landed an excellent player and one who will be determined to prove himself over the second half of the season to ensure he is named in the Brazil squad for the 2018 World Cup this summer.
Lucas Moura scored 16 goals in all competitions for the Parisian club last season, including 11 in Ligue 1. He is a quick, right-footed player who loves running at defenders and has an eye for goal.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday