Manchester United will be looking to close the gap on rivals City to six points with a win at the Etihad this afternoon.
Liverpool moved to the top of the Premier League with a 2-0 win over Fulham at lunchtime whilst Chelsea have the opportunity to replace the Reds by beating Everton this afternoon, ahead of the derby.
The two team’s for this afternoon’s game are as follows:
David de Gea; Ashley Young, Chris Smalling, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw; Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini; Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Fred, Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku
Reports this morning suggesting that Paul Pogba is injured are correct as the 2018 World Cup winner does not make the matchday squad. Marouane Fellaini comes into the starting lineup to play alongside Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera in a central midfield three.
Romelu Lukaku returns on the bench after missing the last two games through injury. The Belgian striker is joined by Alexis Sanchez who is dropped from the starting XI. Marcus Rashford will play up front for us today, flanked by Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard.
Ederson,; Kyle Walker, John Stones, Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy; Fernandinho, David Silva, Riyad Mahrez; Bernardo Silva, Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling
Substitutes: Arijanet Muric, Vincent Kompany, Ilkay Gundogan, Fabian Delph, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Phil Foden
No surprises named by Pep Guardiola in his starting lineup as he sticks with his usual back four. Fernandinho will sit in front of them whilst David and Bernardo Silva make a central midfield three. Sergio Aguero is supported by Riyad Mahrez and Raheem Sterling in attack.
20-year-old goalkeeper Arijanet Muric is on the substitutes, along with the experienced Vincent Kompany.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations