Manchester United are set to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Monday night in the fifth round of this season’s FA Cup.
Watford, Brighton & Hove Albion, Millwall, Manchester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace and Swansea City have all booked their places in the quarter-finals.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is coming off his first defeat as Manchester United caretaker manager after we went down 2-0 against Paris Saint-Germain at Old Trafford in the Champions League on Tuesday. Chelsea were 2-1 winners at Malmo in their Europa League tie two days later.
The Blues’ last domestic game saw them hammered 6-0 at Manchester City in the Premier League last Sunday, suggesting that Maurizio Sarri’s future at the West London club is already in doubt.
Many see this is a great opportunity to book our place into the final eight and have a good chance of going all the way to lifting the prestigious trophy at Wembley in May.
The squad have today travelled down to London ahead of Monday’s match and there have been a couple of notable absentees. Firstly, both Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard are both injured so did not travel.
On top of this, centre-backs Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo were both absent, as were fellow defenders Antonio Valencia and Matteo Darmian.
For the first time this season goalkeeper David de Gea has travelled for an FA Cup tie. Sergio Romero started both matches in the previous rounds, against Reading and Arsenal respectively.
Youngster Tahith Chong is among the first team squad but Mason Greenwood missed out due to injury.
The Manchester United squad ready to take on Chelsea on Monday night has been confirmed by the Manchester Evening News as:
Goalkeepers: David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant
Defenders: Diogo Dalot, Ashley Young, Chris Smalling, Luke Shaw, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly
Midfielders: Nemanja Matic, Andreas Pereira, Scott McTominay, Fred, Paul Pogba, Ander Herrera
Attackers: Romelu Lukaku, Tahith Chong, Marcus Rashford, Alexis Sanchez, Juan Mata
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd