Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made two changes to the starting line-up for tonight’s Premier League clash against Wolverhampton Wanderers at the Molineux Stadium.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways with a 4-2 victory over Newport County in the FA Cup fourth round. They will now be aiming to beat Wolves to reduce the 11-point gap to the top four.
Ahead of the game, Ten Hag has opted to make two changes which were predicted. In goal, Onana has made his comeback following Cameroon’s round of 16 exit from the Africa Cup of Nations.
The defence stays the same from the Newport win. Diogo Dalot and Luke Shaw will continue in the full-back positions with Raphael Varane partnering Lisandro Martinez in the heart of the backline.
Casemiro and Kobbie Mainoo likewise reclaim their positions in central midfield. The former had a poor outing in South Wales where he was dispossessed 17 times. He needs to step up tonight.
Further forward, Bruno Fernandes, Alejandro Garnacho and Rasmus Hojlund retain their places, but Antony has been dropped to the bench despite his goal and assist versus Newport.
Marcus Rashford is back in the starting line-up after missing the FA Cup tie due to illness and a minor disciplinary issue. The Englishman looks set to start in his preferred left-wing role.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Wolves: Onana; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Dalot; Casemiro, Mainoo; Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund.
United have a brilliant opportunity to reduce the 11-point deficit to the Champions League places. It won’t be easy against a Wolves side who are undefeated in four league games.
The Red Devils won the reverse meeting by a 1-0 scoreline, but Wolves were by far the better side in the second half. United need a quick start with a goal tonight to ease the nerves.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow