Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made two changes to the starting line-up for tonight’s FA Cup third round encounter against Wigan Athletic on the road.
The Red Devils had a disappointing end to 2023 with a 2-1 Premier League defeat at Nottingham Forest. They have the opportunity to put things right against the Latics.
Ahead of the Cup tie, Ten Hag has made a couple of changes to the XI from the loss at City Ground.
Andre Onana continues between the sticks for the Red Devils. He has played every minute in goal for United this term. The streak could end soon due to African Cup of Nations duty.
In front of the Cameroonian, it is the same back four from the Forest defeat. Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Diogo Dalot will line up in the right and left-back positions respectively.
Raphael Varane continues to partner Jonny Evans in the heart of the defence for United.
Kobbie Mainoo has got the nod in the number six role once more, but he has a new partner in Scott McTominay with Christian Eriksen ruled out of the game through illness.
Further forward, there is one more change with Antony replaced by Rasmus Hojlund.
The Dane will lead the attack tonight with Marcus Rashford and Alejandro Garnacho starting from the left wing and right wing respectively – just as they did against Aston Villa.
Bruno Fernandes will feature in his customary number 10 position for the Red Devils. Antony has not made the matchday squad altogether after his recent hamstring injury.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Wigan: Onana; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Evans, Dalot; Mainoo, McTominay; Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow