Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made one change to the starting line-up for today’s Premier League clash against West Ham United at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils registered a dramatic 4-3 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in the top-flight in midweek. Kobbie Mainoo stole the headlines with his stunning late winner.
Despite the result, the club remain 11 points adrift of the top four. They have the opportunity to reduce the deficit to the Champions League places with another win.
Ahead of the game, Ten Hag has opted for a solitary change from the victory at the Molineux. Harry Maguire has replaced Raphael Varane in the heart of the defence.
The Frenchman’s fitness issues have been well documented over the course of the campaign and we are not surprised that Maguire has got the nod over him today.
The World Cup winner will be hoping that the decision is a short-term one unlike last time around when Maguire established himself as the regular at right centre-back.
Confirmed Man Utd Line-up (4-2-3-1) vs West Ham: Onana; Dalot, Maguire, Martinez, Shaw; Casemiro, Mainoo; Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund.
Meanwhile, United have received some good news on the injury front. Victor Lindelof has finally returned to the matchday squad after recovering from a surgery for a groin issue.
Sofyan Amrabat is also present on the substitutes’ bench. He has made his comeback following Morocco’s disappointing round of 16 exit at the Africa Cup of Nations.
United suffered a 2-0 loss to the Hammers on the road before Christmas. They will be aiming to avenge the defeat with a strong performance coupled with a victory today.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow