Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made one change to the starting line-up for today’s Premier League clash against Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have picked up only four points from the previous five league games and they will be determined to return to winning ways in the top-flight versus Spurs.
Ahead of the encounter, Ten Hag has decided to make one change from the 2-0 victory over Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup third round on Monday night.
Scott McTominay has dropped to the substitutes’ bench with Christian Eriksen replacing him. The Dane will start in the number eight position for the Red Devils.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Spurs: Onana; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Evans, Dalot; Mainoo, Eriksen; Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund.
United have a stronger bench compared to recent outings. Antony is back after missing the last game with an adductor injury. He could feature in the second half if required.
The Red Devils also welcome Casemiro and Lisandro Martinez into the squad after lengthy injuries. We won’t be surprised if the duo make cameo appearances as well today.
In our view, it is a must-win game for United to reduce or maintain the nine-point deficit to the top four. A defeat or draw could see the gap increase to double figures when the game week ends.
United must start quickly off the blocks today to unsettle a weakened Spurs outfit. We would be personally disappointed if the club don’t come up with a victory.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow