Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made two changes to the starting line-up for the Premier League clash against Sheffield United this evening.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways in sublime fashion before the international break. They were trailing 1-0 to Brentford before two dramatic stoppage time goals from Scott McTominay.
The club will now be eyeing back-to-back victories. Ahead of today’s game, the manager has opted to make two changes with Mason Mount and Casemiro dropping out.
Casemiro’s absence is not a surprise as he is currently nursing an ankle injury. He picked up the setback on international duty and has been advised rest for the weekend.
Alongside him, Mount has made way from the starting XI. Instead of playing him in midfield alongside Sofyan Amrabat, Ten Hag has rewarded McTominay with the role.
The Scot’s heroics would have made it difficult for Ten Hag to deny him a spot. In attack, Antony has been reinstated into the XI for the first time since returning from suspension.
The Brazilian is braced to start from the right wing. Bruno Fernandes should return to his customary number 10 role, having operated out of position in recent matches.
Here is Man Utd’s confirmed starting line-up:
Andre Onana; Diogo Dalot, Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans, Victor Lindelof; Sofyan Amrabat, Scott McTominay; Antony, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford; Rasmus Hojlund.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray