Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made five changes to the starting line-up for the FA Cup fourth round tie against Newport County.
The Red Devils played out a 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League before their mini-winter break. They will be aiming to return to winning ways in South Wales.
Ahead of the game at Rodney Parade, Ten Hag has opted to make five changes.
In goal, Altay Bayindir finally makes his debut. The Turkey international has been waiting patiently and has got the nod with Andre Onana recently being away on international duty.
At the back, there are two new personnel from the Spurs draw at Old Trafford.
Diogo Dalot continues at right-back but on the opposite end, Luke Shaw makes his long-awaited injury comeback. The Englishman has replaced Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
In the heart of the defence, Lisandro Martinez will make his first start since September. The Argentine will partner Raphael Varane with Jonny Evans dropping to the bench.
Further forward, Casemiro also returns after his hamstring injury absence. He will partner Kobbie Mainoo in midfield. The club graduate could play in a central role today.
In attack, there is an enforced change with Marcus Rashford ruled out due to illness. Antony has replaced him. The Brazilian will start on the right wing with Alejandro Garnacho on the other flank.
Rasmus Hojlund will lead the attack with Bruno Fernandes in the number 10 role.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Newport: Bayindir; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Shaw; Casemiro, Mainoo; Antony, Fernandes, Garnacho; Hojlund.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow