Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made seven changes to the starting line-up for tonight’s Carabao Cup fourth round tie against Newcastle United at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils suffered a disappointing 3-0 loss to Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday, and Ten Hag will want a strong response from his players against the Magpies.
Ahead of the game, the Dutchman has made seven changes to the XI. Andre Onana continues in goal. He has played every minute this term and has got the nod over Altay Bayindir.
In front of him, there is one change in the backline. Jonny Evans has dropped to the substitutes’ bench. Victor Lindelof will start alongside Harry Maguire at the heart of the defence.
Diogo Dalot has retained his place at right-back while Sergio Reguilon returns to the starting XI at left-back. Raphael Varane is nowhere to be seen in the matchday squad which is a surprise.
Casemiro has made his comeback from an ankle injury and will captain the side from the number six role.
He will be partnered by Mason Mount in the number eight spot. Hannibal Mejbri has been picked to start in the attacking midfield position against the Magpies tonight.
Sofyan Amrabat, Scott McTominay and Christian Eriksen are all on the bench.
In the final third, there are three more changes with Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford and Rasmus Hojlund dropping to the bench from the Manchester derby defeat.
Antony and Alejandro Garnacho have got the nod on the wings with Anthony Martial leading the line.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): Onana; Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Reguilon; Casemiro, Mount; Antony, Hannibal, Garnacho; Martial.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray