Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made four changes to the starting line-up for tonight’s Premier League clash against Newcastle United at St James’ Park.
The Red Devils played out a disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray in the Champions League in midweek. They were leading 3-1 but squandered the advantage in the end.
United will be aiming to return to winning ways against the Magpies and ahead of the game, Ten Hag has opted to make four changes from the midweek draw at RAMS Park.
Victor Lindelof has dropped to the bench from the Galatasaray game. Luke Shaw has been entrusted to partner Harry Maguire at the heart of the backline for the Red Devils.
With Shaw’s positional change, Diogo Dalot will start at right-back with Aaron Wan-Bissaka on the other end. In midfield, Kobbie Mainoo has replaced Sofyan Amrabat in the number eight role.
The youngster had a fantastic full league debut at Everton last weekend before coming as a substitute in midweek. The club graduate has got the nod to partner Scott McTominay tonight.
Further forward, there are two changes in attack. Antony was expected to make way for Marcus Rashford’s return on the right wing and this has been confirmed by United.
Bruno Fernandes and Alejandro Garnacho keep their respective places but Rasmus Hojlund has returned to the bench. Anthony Martial has been rewarded with a start after a good showing last weekend.
The Frenchman won a penalty and scored a goal at Everton. He will be aiming to repeat the display. United are looking to beat Newcastle in the league for the first time since September 2021.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): Onana; Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Shaw, Dalot; McTominay, Mainoo; Rashford, Fernandes, Garnacho; Martial.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow