Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made six changes to the starting line-up for today’s early Premier League kick-off against Fulham at Craven Cottage.
The Red Devils suffered a disappointing 3-0 loss in the Manchester derby last weekend and this was followed by another 3-0 defeat to Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup fourth round.
Both of those setbacks were at Old Trafford and Ten Hag will be eyeing a strong response from his players during today’s league meeting against the Cottagers.
Ahead of the game, the manager has made six changes from the defeat to the Magpies.
Andre Onana keeps his place between the sticks but in front of him, there are two changes with Victor Lindelof and Sergio Reguilon out of the XI. The former has been ruled out with an illness.
Jonny Evans has been picked to partner Harry Maguire in central defence. Raphael Varane only makes the bench despite Ten Hag confirming that he is ready to play against Marco Silva’s side.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is set to make his first start since his injury comeback from right-back. Diogo Dalot will start on the opposite end. The Portuguese has been preferred ahead of Reguilon.
In midfield, Scott McTominay and Christian Eriksen have got the nod. Casemiro is not involved due to a hamstring injury while Mason Mount has returned to the substitutes’ bench.
Further forward, Antony and Alejandro Garnacho have reclaimed their wide attacking spots.
Bruno Fernandes has replaced Hannibal Mejbri in the number 10 role. Rasmus Hojlund will lead the attack. There is no place in the squad for Marcus Rashford. He picked up a leg injury in training.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): Onana; Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Evans, Dalot; McTominay, Eriksen; Antony, Fernandes, Garnacho; Hojlund.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling