Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made four changes to the starting line-up for today’s Premier League clash against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils secured a comfortable 3-0 win over Palace in the Carabao Cup third round on Tuesday and Ten Hag will be eyeing a similar performance this afternoon.
Ahead of the game, the Dutchman has opted for four changes from the midweek win with Harry Maguire, Hannibal Mejbri, Alejandro Garnacho and Anthony Martial dropping to the bench.
In place of Maguire, Victor Lindelof has been picked to partner Raphael Varane in central defence. Diogo Dalot and Sofyan Amrabat will start at right-back and left-back respectively.
Casemiro and Mason Mount will continue as the midfield pairing, but there are changes in attack.
Hannibal Mejbri has dropped to the bench. Club captain Bruno Fernandes will start in the number 10 role with Facundo Pellistri retaining his spot on the right wing after a promising display in midweek.
Garnacho and Martial have dropped to the bench with Marcus Rashford and Rasmus Hojlund taking their places. Andre Onana obviously starts in goal for the ninth straight game this campaign.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): Andre Onana; Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Raphael Varane, Sofyan Amrabat; Casemiro, Mason Mount; Facundo Pellistri, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford; Rasmus Hojlund.
There are no big surprises in Ten Hag’s team selection. We anticipated Hannibal to keep his place, but Pellistri has been handed his full Premier League debut for the Red Devils.
The Uruguayan has been knocking on the door for a starting league role and needs a strong performance today, considering Antony has resumed training at Carrington.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling