Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made seven changes to the starting line-up for the Carabao Cup third round tie against Crystal Palace tonight.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways with a gutsy 1-0 win over Burnley on Saturday and Ten Hag will want to keep the momentum with another victory.
Ahead of tonight’s game at Old Trafford, Ten Hag has opted to make several changes to the XI.
Andre Onana continues in goal for the Red Devils ahead of Altay Bayindir. We anticipated the latter to start, but the manager has gone with the first-choice.
In defence, there are three changes from the weekend. Sergio Reguilon is not in the squad. The Spaniard was ill at Turf Moor and also picked up an injury at the end.
Victor Lindelof and Jonny Evans are on the bench. Diogo Dalot and Sofyan Amrabat will start in the full-back roles with Raphael Varane and Harry Maguire in central defence.
Casemiro has reclaimed his spot in the number six role, but will have another midfield partner. Mason Mount will accompany him after recovering from a hamstring injury.
Further forward, it looks like Hannibal Mejbri will continue in the number 10 role. Facundo Pellistri and Alejandro Garnacho have got the nod out wide with Anthony Martial up front.
Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford and Rasmus Hojlund are all on the bench and could be called up to action in the second half if United find themselves in a tough situation.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Crystal Palace: Onana; Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Amrabat; Casemiro, Mount; Pellistri, Hannibal, Garnacho; Martial.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling