Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made two changes to the starting line-up for tonight’s Champions League group stage clash against Copenhagen at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils registered a second successive victory over the weekend. They secured a 2-1 win over Sheffield United at Bramall Lane after goals from Scott McTominay and Diogo Dalot.
Ten Hag will want the club to continue the winning streak against Copenhagen. Ahead of the game, he has opted to make two changes from the hard-fought victory over the Blades.
Raphael Varane has returned to the starting line-up for the first time since recovering from his injury. He was limited to a cameo appearance at the weekend and will now partner Harry Maguire from the off.
Jonny Evans has made way for the World Cup winner. Meanwhile, Victor Lindelof has also dropped to the substitutes’ bench with Sergio Reguilon replacing him in the left-back position.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): Andre Onana; Diogo Dalot, Harry Maguire, Raphael Varane, Sergio Reguilon; Sofyan Amrabat, Scott McTominay; Antony, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford; Rasmus Hojlund.
United have had a poor start to their Champions League campaign with back-to-back losses to Bayern Munich and Galatasaray. As a result, tonight’s game is a must-win for the club.
On paper, the Red Devils are clear favourites to come on top against the Danish champions. The club need a quick start off the blocks to assert their dominance in the encounter.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action