Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made one change to the starting line-up for tonight’s Champions League group stage clash against Copenhagen at Parken.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways last weekend with a 1-0 Premier League win at Fulham. They will be aiming to carry the momentum into tonight’s key European game.
Victor Lindelof and Marcus Rashford are both in the matchday squad after missing the trip to west London, but only the latter has made the starting line-up tonight.
Rashford has replaced Antony in the XI and he looks set to start on the right wing, considering Alejandro Garnacho has also been selected. The teenager is a specialist left-winger.
Here is United’s confirmed starting line-up (4-2-3-1): Andre Onana; Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans, Diogo Dalot; Scott McTominay, Christian Eriksen; Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Alejandro Garnacho; Rasmus Hojlund.
Ten Hag prefers to stick with a winning combination but we continue to remain surprised by Varane’s constant exclusion from the starting line-up. He only made a late cameo last weekend.
It was anticipated that the Frenchman would partner Maguire in the heart of the defence, but the manager has continued to persist with Evans, who has been good with his own displays.
Other than that, there are no big surprises. Antony was poor at the weekend. We thought Facundo Pellistri would start, but Ten Hag has gone with the combination of Rashford and Garnacho out wide.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions