Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made two surprise changes to the starting line-up for today’s Premier League clash against Brentford at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have had a tough beginning to the campaign and they have already suffered six defeats from the opening 10 games across all competitions.
Four of those have come in the top-flight and Ten Hag will be eyeing a strong response today. Ahead of the game, he has opted for two changes in defence.
Hannibal Mejbri has dropped to the bench from the defeat to Galatasaray while Raphael Varane has been left out of the matchday squad altogether with an injury.
Here is United’s confirmed starting line-up (4-3-3) vs Brentford: Andre Onana; Diogo Dalot, Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans, Victor Lindelof; Casemiro, Sofyan Amrabat, Mason Mount; Bruno Fernandes, Rasmus Hojlund, Marcus Rashford.
We had anticipated one change to the starting line-up from Tuesday with Antony coming in to replace Hannibal. However, there has been a surprise twist.
With the unexpected injury for Varane, Ten Hag has decided to bring in both Harry Maguire and Jonny Evans to the heart of the United defence today.
It seems Lindelof will operate from the left-back position, thereby allowing Amrabat to play from his preferred defensive midfield role alongside Casemiro.
United face a must-win situation today. They are seven points behind the top four of the Premier League and can’t afford to fall further behind with another setback.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action