Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made two changes to the starting line-up for today’s Premier League clash against Bournemouth at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways in midweek with a 2-1 victory over Chelsea at home. Scott McTominay was the star of the game with a goal in either half.
Ten Hag will be eyeing back-to-back wins this afternoon and ahead of the game, the Dutch tactician has decided to make two changes to the starting XI.
With Victor Lindelof injured on Wednesday night, Sergio Reguilon has been brought into the line-up.
The Spaniard will start in his preferred left-back role with Luke Shaw accompanying Harry Maguire at the heart of the defence – just as he did in the second half versus Chelsea.
The midfield remains unchanged but in attack, Ten Hag has opted to swap Rasmus Hojlund for Anthony Martial after the former failed to find the back of the net.
Hojlund has five goals to his name in the Champions League, but he has yet to open his league scoring account. He could get his chance off the bench today.
Martial has been goalless in recent outings, but he did score in the 3-0 win at Everton. The Frenchman has been given the opportunity to return to scoring ways.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): Onana; Dalot, Maguire, Shaw, Reguilon; McTominay, Amrabat; Antony, Fernandes, Garnacho; Martial.
United are currently three points behind fourth-placed Manchester City and they can nullify the deficit with a win, considering Pep Guardiola’s side only face Luton Town tomorrow.
The Red Devils need to pick up momentum with back-to-back victories ahead of a crucial Champions League clash against Bayern Munich which will decide their round of 16 fate.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow