Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has made one change to the starting line-up for tonight’s Champions League group stage clash against Bayern Munich.
The Red Devils have had a frustrating start to the campaign and they have already suffered three defeats from their opening five Premier League matches.
This has included back-to-back losses to Brighton & Hove Albion and Arsenal, and Ten Hag will be expecting a strong response from his players tonight.
Ahead of the game at the Allianz Arena, Ten Hag has decided to make a solitary change to the team that faced the Seagulls at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.
Scott McTominay, 26, has dropped to the substitutes’ bench with Ten Hag likely to revert to his preferred 4-2-3-1/ 4-3-3 formation against the German champions.
In McTominay’s place, the manager has gone with Facundo Pellistri, who is set to make his Champions League debut. The Uruguayan will start on the right wing.
Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern: Andre Onana; Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Lisandro Martinez, Sergio Reguilon; Casemiro, Christian Eriksen; Facundo Pellistri, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford; Rasmus Hojlund.
Ten Hag went with a midfield diamond formation against Brighton at the weekend. The set-up failed to work out as the Seagulls exploited the spaces out wide.
We are not surprised that the Dutchman has reverted to the traditional system against Bayern. Pellistri has a big night ahead after getting the nod over Alejandro Garnacho.
We had anticipated Garnacho to start on the left wing with Marcus Rashford on the right. Pellistri’s inclusion allows Rashford to continue in his preferred left-wing role.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling