The two teams for this evening’s game are as confirmed:
David de Gea; Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Nemanja Matic, Luke Shaw; Scott McTominay, Marouane Fellaini, Ander Herrera, Paul Pogba; Marcus Rashford, Romelu Lukaku
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Diogo Dalot, Marcos Rojo, Fred, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial
It appears that Nemanja Matic will partner Phil Jones at centre-back with both Eric Bailly and Chris Smalling absent from today’s squad.
Marcus Rashford could be playing alongside Romelu Lukaku up front with Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata all on the bench, suggesting we’re playing a narrow midfield this evening.
Scott McTominay comes in for only his third Premier League start of the season and first since the end of September as one of five changes made by Jose Mourinho from our victory over Young Boys midweek. Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba also return to the starting lineup.
Alex McCarthy; Cedric Soares, Maya Yoshida, Jan Vestergaard, Jack Stephens, Yan Valery; Mario Lemina, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Stuart Armstrong, Nathan Redmond; Michael Obafemi
Substitutes: Angus Gunn, Wesley Hoedt, Steven Davis, James Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu, Charlie Austin, Manolo Gabbiadini
19-year-old Yan Valery makes his Premier League debut as part of a back five in Mark Hughes’ side. Fellow teenager Michael Obafemi makes his first league start up front with both Charlie Austin and Manolo Gabbiadini only named among the substitutes.
Nathan Redmond was impressive for Southampton in their EFL Cup exit at the hands of Leicester City midweek and is arguably their biggest threat to our defence this evening.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup