Manchester United are set to take on Sevilla in an hour’s time at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in the first leg of our Champions League second round tie.
Both teams were in action in away games domestically on Saturday with Sevilla being fifth in La Liga after a 2-1 win at Las Palmas, and us sitting second in the Premier League.
Pre-game rumours that Paul Pogba was not going to be in this evening’s starting lineup have been confirmed.
The two teams for this evening’s game are confirmed as:
David de Gea; Antonio Valencia, Victor Lindelof, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young; Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Scott McTominay; Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Eric Bailly, Matteo Darmian, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford
Jose Mourinho has gone with a 4-3-3 formation with Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera and Scott McTominay being the central three.
Unfortunately Eric Bailly is not fit enough to start and is only named among the substitutes for the second consecutive game. Chris Smalling is partnered by Victor Lindelof in the back four with Antonio Valencia returning at right-back and Ashley Young switching to the left.
Juan Mata starts on the right of a front three with Alexis Sanchez on the left with Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford on the bench.
Sergio Rico; Jesus Navas, Clement Lenglet, Gabriel Mercado, Sergio Escudero; Pablo Sarabia, Franco Vazquez, Steven N’Zonzi, Joaquin Correa; Ever Banega; Luis Muriel
Substitutes: David Soria, Daniel Carrico, Guido Pizarro, Roque Mesa, Nolito, Wissam Ben Yedder, Sandro Ramirez
Former-Manchester City winger Jesus Navas lines up against us at right-back. Fellow former-City midfielder Nolito is named among the substitutes.
Colombian striker Luis Muriel gets the nod ahead of top scorer Wissam Ben Yeddar. Pedro Sarabia is a goalscorer from out on the left wing.
Former-Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City midfielder Steven N’Zonzi starts in the middle of the pitch, whilst former-Reading midfielder Daniel Carrico is on the bench. The Portuguese is joined by Swansea City’s record signing Roque Mesa, who joined the La Liga side on loan in January. Likewise, Sandro Ramirez is also among the substitutes after joining on loan from Everton last month.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony
- Fresh injury concerns for Ten Hag as Varane, Fernandes & Maguire could miss Forest match
- Man Utd consider Antonio Silva as ideal candidate to strengthen their defence
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Man United players requested Sunday off after Fulham loss
- Incoming Man United CEO Omar Berrada already meeting senior executives while on gardening leave
- ‘He’s available’: Erik ten Hag confirms Casemiro is fit to face Nottingham Forest
- Simone Inzaghi on Manchester United radar as enquiries made over Italian manager
- Eric Ramsay leaves Manchester United to become Minnesota head coach