Manchester United take on Sevilla in the second leg of our Champions League second round tie at Old Trafford in under an hour’s time.
We were held 0-0 in the first leg over in Spain three weeks ago which included David de Gea making two top drawer saves to preserve his clean sheet.
The two teams for this evening’s game have been confirmed as:
David de Gea; Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young; Marouane Fellaini, Nemanja Matic; Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford; Romelu Lukaku
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Matteo Darmian, Victor Lindelof, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial
Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial make their returns from recent knocks to take their places among the substitutes. Pogba missed Saturday’s 2-1 win over Liverpool after suffering a leg injury in training on Friday, whilst Martial also missed the win at Crystal Palace last Monday.
Jose Mourinho has gone with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Marouane Fellaini making his first start of 2018 to partner Nemanja Matic in front of our defence. Jesse Lingard is also recalled to play out on the right wing in place of Juan Mata who drops to the bench.
Alexis Sanchez will play his free role as he did fairly well against Liverpool over the weekend.
Sergio Rico; Gabriel Mercado, Simon Kjaer, Clement Lenglet, Sergio Escudero; Pablo Sarabia, Steven N’Zonzi, Ever Banega, Franco Vazquez, Joaquin Correa; Luis Muriel
Substitutes: David Soria, Guilherme Arana, Johannes Geis, Guido Pizarro, Daniel Pareja, Nolito, Wissam Ben Yedder
Vicenzo Montella will be playing a similar 4-5-1 formation with Luis Muriel the sole striker. The Colombian missed a couple of sitters in the first leg but keeps his place ahead of the club’s top scorer, Wissam Ben Yedder.
Former-Manchester City forward Nolito is named among the substitutes for the La Liga side, whilst former Premier League player Steven N’Zonzi is in the starting lineup.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December